Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

So I was sitting on my couch Tuesday night contemplating life and I said to myself, I have no where to go for Thanksgiving and I am not ok with this. So I texted Brooklyn and asked her if her sister could give me a ride down to Vegas. But she already left. So I did the coolest thing and decided to drive down there myself. Don't worry, I am a very responsible driver and a complete adult now that I drove 5 hours all by myself. I also had cookie butter and one direction to keep me company the whole way. And let me tell you driving is therapeutic. And so here goes the story of one of the funnest/best Thanksgivings of my lyyyyyfe:

 I pulled into Vegas and met up with Syd + Brooklyn + her sisters + some of her sisters roommates. B's dad got a room in the Mirage. Oh my bad, did I say room? It was like a mini house, with a bathroom bigger than my apartment. We even all got our own robes. Livin' large snitches. 
 Then you know how there is that big Volcano that goes off in front of the Mirage? Well we got to tour it inside and see how it all works. It's insane how much stuff goes into it, let me tell ya. Then we got to go on top of it and watch the show. On. Top. Of. It. It was completely radical to say the least. 
 I forgot to bring pajamas. Typical move. So Ash was kind enough to let me borrow some of hers. She's a real gem that one! 
 Ok, so we got free tickets to see Boyz II Men. Holla! We have never even heard of them, it probably has to do with the fact that they are three old black men that started their singing career before we were even born.....But anyways they have a tradition that they sing this one song and you can run down to the stage and try to get a rose from them. WE ALL GOT ONE! And let it be known the first rose I ever got from a boy was from a big black man singing to me. It's a nice story don't you think? Moving on!
 Our view from the top of the volcano was pretty OK.
 Cross "go to an actual Ben and Jerry's store" off the bucket list. (But if you must know, it's not all that it's cracked up to be.) Oh and this was taken Thanksgiving day. We went back to B's house and had two dinners with both sides of her fam. They rock and they know how to make a good turkey. Thanks for having me :) 
 We saw LOVE. And we LOVED it. Like if you ever have a chance go. I loved it to pieces. 
 So yea, we kinda got a backstage tour of The Beatles: Cirque du Soleil. It was beyond cool. It was like superstar cool. And we took a picture next to the golden beatle, cause duh.
 This was the famous wall backstage that tons of famous people have signed. They wouldn't let us sign it for some reason....maybe next time.
We also went around to all the classics like the Venetian gardens, and the Bellagio water show and all that good stuff. We also went to stores that sold watches that cost more than my parents house and it blew my little mind. 
Classic Vegas Sign picture.
In between all the Strip fun we did we hung out at B's house and bonded/toured where B grew up/saw frozen/made pizzas/laughed a lot/went black Friday shopping (cross that off the bucket list too)/went on night hikes/just had the grandest time ever.
So this was the best week I could have asked for and so so so much more. Thanks for having me Nenneman's y'all rock my work! 
I heart you Vegas. You little devil you.

No comments:

Post a Comment