Sunday, April 7, 2013

Gerneral Conference Weekend

Get ready for the best weekend I've had in a long time. Everything went so well, and everything was just making me so happy these last couple of days. So here we go:
On Friday my cereal reminded me of a pinata. I was very excited about this, for reasons unknown, but hey I kicked off my weekend with a bang!

^Me, Rachel W., Rachel E., and Kyle^
On Friday we went on our weekly temple trip to the Draper temple. This temple is so beautiful, and the baptismal font has a big window behind it and while I was getting baptized the light was just streaming in, and it made me think that this is what life is all about. This is where I am meant to be, and it is so right and so good. This temple will now always have a special little place in my heart.
So after the temple, Rachel E., Kyle, Josh, and I went to Sammy's to get pie shakes. (so freaking good! everyone should go get one of these!) These kids are seriously the weirdest/funniest ever, and I love to hang out with you guys!
 
Rachel and I were able to go to the morning session of General Conference on Saturday. Holy amazingness! This was such an incredible experience, and I just love being a member of this church, it makes life so worth it and so meaningful.

We walked around temple square and it was so pretty! All of the trees are blooming, and it was just breathtaking.

 Saturday night the roommates and I hiked the Y. And yes we did lay upside down on it, and yes it was a completely great experience! I don't know why being upside down can make it so cool, but it totally did.
And then we received a snap chat from these hotties, and so we returned the favor. Then we woke up, watched some General Conference, and ate french toast. This weekend was amazing, and it's times like these when I am just so thankful for my life, and the knowledge I have of the gospel. If there is one thing I have learned recently it would be that when you put the Lord first, and really really try to make an effort to do good, then your life will be so blessed. And life will be so good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment