Sunday, November 4, 2012

Crazy Sundays

On Saturday I was sitting in our dorm hallway reading the biography of Thomas S. Monson for my living prophets class. As I was sitting there I got the strongest feeling about something I had been praying about. I've never been one to get really powerful answers about big things in life. I always knew I was going to BYU, I always just knew things. So getting this answer was pretty crazy. Then at relief society today cute Stacy gave our lesson on gratitude. Oh.My.Goodness. This lesson hit me so hard. It all started when we were watching Stephanie Nielsons Mormon massage about her plane crash. I have seen this video before, but for some reason it made me cry so much! I was just so touched for some reason. And then after that they opened up the floor for testimonies. Every girls that got up there touched my heart and I just had tears running down my face the whole time. I cannot thank these amazing girls enough for just making my feel so close to God. I wouldn't want to be in any other ward. They inspire me to be better and they set the best examples I could ask for. I will never forget how bishop got up at the end of the lesson and told us that the feelings we felt today were sacred and we need to look back on this day and never forget it. Even after we got out of relief society I could not stop crying. It was definitely a mixture of the spirit I had felt and the feelings I got on Saturday. I am the kind of person that over thinks a lot of things, so I had been struggling with the impressions I had felt on Saturday. After this Sunday I can honestly say that I am sure that the feelings I felt were real, and I cannot wait to see what happens with it. My amazing home teachers saw me crying in the hall before Sunday school and so after church they brought over some cookies for me. They told me to keep smiling and how they hoped I was doing well. They said if I EVER need anything to never hesitate to call them. They said if I ever need a blessing to go to Jeremy and he would be more than happy to give me one. Gosh, they totally made my day, and almost made me start crying again! They are seriously so great and they totally saw I was struggling and made my day so much better. They are amazing examples to me, and I love those boys so much! So all in all it has been a crazy couple of days for me and my emotions. I have felt things that I have never experienced before. I can easily say I know that I belong to the only true church. It blesses me in ways unimaginable. I am so happy with the way things are going and I am so happy be here at BYU.

Brooke said this quote in her testimony, and I absolutely loved it :
“Imagine yourself as a living house. God comes in to rebuild that house. At first, perhaps, you can understand what He is doing. He is getting the drains right and stopping the leaks in the roof and so on; you knew that those jobs needed doing and so you are not surprised. But presently He starts knocking the house about in a way that hurts abominably and does not seem to make any sense. What on earth is He up to? The explanation is that He is building quite a different house from the one you thought of - throwing out a new wing here, putting on an extra floor there, running up towers, making courtyards. You thought you were being made into a decent little cottage: but He is building a palace. He intends to come and live in it Himself.” -C.S. Lewis

Here is the Stephanie Nielson video. So inspiring.
Jeremy and Devin, you boys are my heroes!

No comments:

Post a Comment