Tuesday, October 30, 2012

You Are Special

"Because you are mine...that is why you matter to me."
"What I think is more important than what they think."
"You are special because I made you, and I don't make mistakes."
Today in nutrition our teacher read to us the book You Are Special. As my teacher sat up there and read this to us I was so touched. I have read this book before, but today it hit me hard. As Dr. Christensen read us this book he got emotional. He got choked up, and had to pause at times. Maybe this is why it hit me so hard, or maybe it was because I am growing up. I am learning what it means to be truly loved by God. Coming to college has been the best learning and growing experience. Maybe I was so touched by this book this time was because I finally know what it means to feel the love of God. I.am.special. God makes no mistakes. He made us all. He knows us all. We all have purpose. I am here at BYU because God wants me to be here. I live in the ward I live in because He wants me to. I am living this life because He needs me to. Growing up can be hard and sometimes very challenging, but if it means that I will be able to understand more fully how other love me and how I can love others, then bring it on. Knowing who I am has power behind it, and I am so thankful for everything in my life, and for the knowledge that He loves me.

No comments:

Post a Comment